Saturday 4 June 2016

5 Step-By-Step Instructions for Growing Baby Greens Indoors


I believe that growing baby greens indoors is rewarding in many ways. Let’s start with the most obvious one - harvesting time. It is extremely short compared to the time needed for harvesting mature plants. But hey, growing them indoors is also great for they are smile in size and have less soil, space and light requirements than mature plants. If you’re interested in the idea, take a look at my 5 step-by-step instructions for growing baby greens indoors.  


Baby Greens are Well-Suited for Container and Indoor Gardening


Step 1 - Sowing

I’ve noticed that people often get confused with the sowing part. So, to solve the mystery you need to know that most seeds you use for getting baby greens such as lettuce, arugula, endive and spinach varieties should only be covered with a light dusting of soil.

Step 2 - Maintaining

Watering is the key here. I know that my greens need good amounts of water and therefore I pay attention not to allow them to dry out. If that happens, you can say bye-bye to your tiny greens.

Step 3 - Harvesting

Most baby greens are ready for harvest within a month after sowing. Another option for you to determine the right time for action is their height. I usually harvest my baby greens when they reach 7-10 cm.

Step 4 - Saving Seeds

You’ll like the fact that seeds can be saved from any type of baby greens. The tricky part here is to separate the chaff from the seeds. To do that, I use a fine mesh sieve.

Step 5 - Let me Know How It Went   

OK, I can hear you laughing, or at least see you smiling about this step. But hey, I’d really like to find out more about your experience with growing greens indoors. So, if you find a minute, leave a comment below!

Other popular posts you don’t want to miss:

·      6 Super Delicious Baby Spinach Varieties to Grow
  

No comments:

Post a Comment