Monday 21 March 2016

Ultimate Tips for Preventing Transplant Shock


A transplant seedling is more susceptible to various plant diseases compared to an adult plant. Some of those diseases are waiting in the soil and some can be a product of infected seeds. So far as you buy the seeds from a reliable seed supplier, you don’t have to worry about the seed infection problem. The soil matter is also solvable. However, there’s still one issue on the table. It is known as a transplant shock. Take a look at my ultimate tips for preventing it.


Solve the Problem of Transplant Shock before It Even Happens

What is Transplant Shock

I believe that plants are mostly designed to have a permanent residence. My experience tells me that moving them to a new location can be quite of a challenge.

While moving a plant that probably doesn’t share an idea of moving at all, certain problems may occur. The one that is commonly known as transplant shock is almost unavoidable.

I’ve read about it and have seen it – transplant shock exists and it happens when a plant suffers as a consequence of improper transplanting or maintenance. So, perfect timing for transplanting a plant and the know-how part that have already been discussed on my blog page are not where the battle ends. You have to help your plants beat transplant shock as well.

How to Prevent Transplant Shock

Transplant shock can be prevented to a certain extent. In my opinion and according to my experience, you got four options:

ü  Don’t disturb the roots too much
ü  If possible take all the roots with the plant
ü  Water regularly after transplanting
ü  During the moving adventure make sure the root ball stays moist

Just to remind you, I transplant my warm season veggies like peppers and watermelons two weeks after the average last frost date, meaning four weeks after transplanting the cold hardy plants such as spinach and parsnip.

I’m here if you need my help with transplanting your beloved garden plants! Happy gardening!




No comments:

Post a Comment